This is an audience feedback on the clips that we have shot so far. The shots we have filmed will not be used in our final piece because we have changed the narrative so the clips will not be needed. From her reaction it's clear to tell that she didn't find it at all scary and it seemed more like a comedy to her as she kept laughing. At some points she seemed bored and was waiting for something really interesting to happen but it never came. When making a horror trailer, I want my audience to be captivated by what they're being shown and not seem bored by it. In the final horror trailer I want the trailer to establish the genre and actually have an affect on the audience by making them scared. I feel the key to a good horror trailer is having the audience actually frightened and have moments where they jump and want to watch more of it. The only thing I enjoyed for this rough copy for our old narrative was the sound used over the footage. The soundtrack sounds quite scary and fits well with the horror genre. It was good to get an audience feedback to know where we've gone wrong and to know what we can do to change it and improve so that it actually looks like a horror trailer. This feedback has shown me that the clips we filmed were really not that scary and more comical than anything, it made me definitely want to change the narrative so that we could have a better trailer in the end, I wouldn't want that reaction from a bigger audience watching the final copy.
No comments:
Post a Comment